Monday, January 3, 2011

Go Hawks!

I got a great surprise yesterday....Marty's friend Chris called him to ask if he wanted to go to the hawks game with him.  You might not know, but Marty isn't a hawks fan.  Don't get me wrong, he doesn't dislike them but he didn't grow up in this area and followed them since he was in 4th grade, going to numerous games with his dad, idolizing Curt Warner and Jim Zorn.  Ok, ok...that was me.  So in the end, the person who had the tickets (a friend of Chris') ended up selling them to ME!!!  I decided to ask Nicole to go with me - but she didn't want to go.  It ended up working out ok...because when Ashley came downstairs and heard I got two tickets she instantly lit up and said "yeah...I want to go SO BAD". 

So...we headed out at 3:00, got up to Seattle, parked, walked, found our seats and cheered on the Hawks to an awesome win!  She was a trooper and was really engaged in the game.  Almost as much as she loved her popcorn, licorice and rootbeer.  We left a little early (it was a late game and Ashley had school the next day), but on the way to the car we already started planning the next game and how we were going to take the train up and bring dad and Nicole!

This brought back wonderful memories of going to games with my dad.  He started taking me when I was in 4th grade.  I loved the Seahawks and loved spending those Sundays with my dad and hope that one or both of my girls will become huge Seahawks fans and we can celebrate the football seasons together.  I look back and wish that I hadn't stopped "loving" the Seahawks when I got into college.  Just like I wish I hadn't stopped practicing piano when I was 13.  Why do teenagers/young adults do the things they do?  Easy to look back on it and see how it didn't really make sense now but then it made perfect sense? 







So here is to many more Seahawks games with my girls!  Go Hawks!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah- i just saw your blog. I'm excited for you, I think you will like it if you can fit it in. Your pictures are great and I love this post about stopping things we loved. Was great seeing you guys and hope its not another year away for another visit. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete